Thursday 22 March 2012

My family tree...

Here is my family tree which I drew by hand. Its not perfect but yeahh whatever....
Family tree which shows who are affected by Thalassmia major in my family.
As shown, the diagram of my family tree tells us that only in the third generation did Thalassemia major make its presence. This could mean that my grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles, cousins and siblings may be carriers of Thalassemia or have normal blood, with nothing to worry about.
Punnett square that have been modified to a look like a family tree!


This diagram shows a couple (who are carriers of Thalassemia) and the possibility of their children having Thalassemia major. The punnett square or should I call it the 'look alike family tree',  shows us a ration of 1:2:1.  Here, Thalassemia major is present in one out of four children. Thalassemia minor is present in two out of four children and like Thalassemia major, only one child out of four will be normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment